M. Phil Educational Leadership and Management (ELM)
Educational Leadership and Management is a field which bridges gaps between academia, educational professionals, industry and society at large.M.Phil in Educational Leadership and Management will be of interest to those in education related settings who carry or aspire to senior and middle leadership and management positions. The M.Phil program gives the students an opportunity to study their area of interest relevant to their work as educators. The M.Phil program will specially be of interest to those who intend to do advanced research in areas of leadership and management in education. The successful completion of M. Phil may lead the students to enroll in a PhD program.
Areas: Educational Policy and Management, Learning and eaching, Leadership, Management and Organizations, Management of Change, Cognition and Computers, Quality Assurance in Education, Finance and Resource Management, Research Methodology
Duration: 2 years, 4 semesters
Career Paths: Since M.Phil Educational Leadership and Management program includes both theoretical and practical components, the graduates can pursue careers as:
- Policy planners
- Educational leaders, managers and administrators
Besides, most of our alumni have found M.Phil ELM degree useful for getting promoted as school administrators. Many of our graduates are presently working as school heads.
M.Phil in Educational Leadership and Management (ELM) will be of interest to those in education related settings who carry or aspire to senior and middle leadership and management positions. The ELM program gives the students an opportunity to study their area of interest relevant to their work as educators. The M.Phil program will specially be of interest to those people who seek to do advanced research study in areas of leadership and management in education.
The program has been designed to equip the participants with essential skills and knowledge to lead organizational change and development. It is particularly relevant to senior and middle managers in educational organizations. M.Phil ELM enables the participants to develop their knowledge, understanding and practice as educational managers and leaders. It provides an opportunity for participants to engage in scholarly activity and research, to develop their own expertise in the field, and to investigate ways in which to develop the organization of their own school.
- The Philosophical debates in Education.
- Understanding the management processes in the field of education.
- Develop and apply international educational policies in the local context.
- Are able to conduct empirical research, employing the Qualitative and Quantitative paradigms of research.
- Are prepared to take up higher a degree e.g. PhD studies.
- Graduates with 16 years of education in a relevant subject with a minimum 2.5 CGPA from recognized universities are eligible to apply for the M.Phil programs
- Applicants must clear the SE admission test and interview to join any of the offered M.Phil programs
The main objective of the admission test is to gauge the applicants’ ability to cope with the rigor of the programs in terms of language proficiency, logical reasoning, critical thinking and expressing ideas. The admission test comprises two sections:
- Reading comprehension (to test the sub skills of scanning, skimming, inferencing, text organization and text evaluation).
- Writing (report and expository writing)
The applicants are interviewed by the SE Admission Committee to evaluate their motivation, commitment and attitude towards the program they have applied for.
Year One (Fall Semester)
Year One (Spring Semester)
Year Two (Fall Semester)
Year Two (Spring Semester)
Successful completion of credit hours and dissertation